Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A thank you to all who have served this great nation

Today is Nov. 11, a day we honor the men and women who gave their time , energy and blood in service to this great nation.

Some people are off work today, but most in the private sector (like me) are working. But regardless if one is working, or enjoying a relaxing day off, take the time to let a veteran know you're thankful for their service to this nation.

In honor of these brave men and women, I will share a poem by Courtney Tanabe. The poem, and others honoring soldiers can be found at this Web site.

Because of You, Unknown Soldier
By Courtney Tanabe

Because of you, I am here
Because of you, I am able to live freely

Yet I do not know you
And I have not done anything for you

But there you stand, ready to fight
And there you are prepared to die
For me

You've fought before
And you'll fight again
For someone you don't know

So thank you Unknown Soldier
Fighting for me

I'm here because of you
And I owe my future to you

No comments: